Department of History, Saint Mary's University
At the Yungang Caves Shanxi Province, PRC
1. Current courses
2. Accessing Dr. Sewell's online course materials for the first time
3. Other SMU links
4. Contact and background information
5. Other materials
1. Current course listings for all courses offered by the Department of History can be found at: http://www.smu.ca/academic/arts/history/courses.html
2. Accessing online course materials for the first time:
1. Go to http://www.smu.ca/conted/online and click on Blackboard Login (or on SMUPort Login and navigate to Blackboard within SMUPort).
2. Login using your student "s number" and your password. Click on the hyperlink for the class you are enrolled in.
NB: Students should check on the
compatibility of their browser. If you have problems,
e-mail the Help Desk at helpdesk [at] smu.ca or call (902) 496-8111. For more information see the Centre for Academic Technologies page at http://www.smu.ca/administration/cat/stu_blackboard.html.
3. Other SMU links:
1. To access the SMU History department website, including relevant handbooks and the department's style manual, go to http://www.stmarys.ca/academic/arts/history/.
2. To find a foreign language conversation partner at SMU, please contact the TESL Cenre at tesl [at] smu.ca or call 420-5691 (or fax 420-5122).
(On the roof of the Jokhang Temple; the Potala Palace is in the background.)
4. Contact and background information:
1. Bill Sewell's office is MN (McNally North Wing) 226. He can be reached there by phone at (902) 420-5755 or by email at Bill.Sewell [at] smu.ca. Messages can also be left in his mail box in the departmental office (MN 214) or faxed to (902) 420-5141. His mailing address is:
Department of History
Saint Mary's University
923 Robie Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3H 3C3 Canada
2. To reach the department secretary in the History Office (MN 214), call (902) 420-5756 or send e-mail to history [at] smu.ca.
3. For a list of courses previously taught by Bill Sewell at SMU (including grade summaries), click here.
4. For a summary of Bill Sewell's education and publications click here.
5. Other materials:
1. For Bill's Recommended Light Reading List (novels, biographies, popular history, etc.), click here.
2. To see the "earth by night" go to: http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg. (To see a view of the August 2003 blackout in North America, go to: http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories/s2015.htm.)