Publications by Anthony Charles
(Click on Link to Download PDF File; Please Contact Dr. Charles Directly if Link not Provided)
Shift to full chronological publication list
- Garcia, S. M., J. Rice, and A. Charles. Bridging fisheries management and biodiversity conservation norms: Potential and challenges of balancing harvest in ecosystem-based frameworks. ICES Journal of Marine Science. doi: 10.1093/icesjms/fsv230. (2015).
- Charles, A., and J. Sanders. Issues Arising on the Interface of MPAs and Fisheries Management, p.301-332 In: Report and Documentation of the Expert Workshop on Marine Protected Areas and Fisheries Management: Review of Issues and Considerations. Rome, 12–14 June 2006. FAO Fisheries Report. No. 825. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, Italy. 332p. (2007).
- Sumaila, U.R., A. Charles, and G. Sylvia (Editors). Topical problems in fisheries economics. Special Issue of Marine Resource Economics 21(4). (2007).
- Charles, A. Toward Sustainable and Resilient Fisheries: A Fishery-System Approach to Overcoming the Factors of Unsustainability, p. 221-233. In: Overcoming Factors of Unsustainability and Overexploitation in Fisheries: Selected Papers on Issues and Approaches. International Workshop on the Implementation of the International Fisheries Instruments and Factors of Unsustainability and Overexpoitation in Fisheries Siem Reap, Cambodia, 13-16 September 2004. (J. Swan and D. Greboval, editors). FAO Fisheries Report. No. 782. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome, Italy. (2005).
- Charles, A. The precautionary approach and ‘burden of proof’ challenges in fishery management. Bulletin of Marine Science 70(2):683-694. (2002).
- Charles, A. and J. Catanzano. Resource Valuation and Conflict, p.1159-1162. In: Proceedings of the 6th Conference of the International Institute for Fisheries Economics and Trade. (M. Antona, J. Catanzano, J.G. Sutinen, editors). IIFET/ORSTOM, Paris, France. (1994).
- Charles, A., R.L. Mazany, and M.L. Cross. Fisheries Regulation and the Incentives to Overfish, p.873-880. In: Proceedings of the 6th Conference of the International Institute for Fisheries Economics and Trade. (M. Antona, J. Catanzano, J.G. Sutinen, editors). IIFET/ ORSTOM, Paris, France. (1994).
- Charles, A. Canadian fisheries: Paradigms and policy, p.3-26. In: Canadian Ocean Law and Policy. (D. VanderZwaag, editor). Butterworths, Markham. (1992).