Publications by Anthony Charles
(Click on Link to Download PDF File; Please Contact Dr. Charles Directly if Link not Provided)
Shift to full chronological publication list
- Bailey, M., B. Favaro, S. Otto, A. Charles, R. Devillers, A. Metaxas, P. Tyedmers, N. C. Ban, T. Mason, C. Hoover, T. J. Duck, L. Fanning, C. Milley, A. M. Cisneros-Montemayor, D. Pauly, W. W. L. Cheung, S. Cullis-Suzuki, L. Teh, and U.R. Sumaila. Canada at a crossroad: The imperative for realigning ocean policy with ocean science. Marine Policy 63:53-60. (2016).
- Charles, A., M. Wiber, K. Bigney, D. Curtis, L. Wilson, R. Angus, J. Kearney, M. Landry, M. Recchia, H. Saulnier, and C. White. Integrated Management: A Coastal Community Perspective. Horizons 10(4):26-34. (2010).
- Charles, A. Turning the tide: Toward community-based fishery management in Canada’s Maritimes, p.569-573. In: Reconciling Fisheries with Conservation: Proceedings of the Fourth World Fisheries Congress. American Fisheries Society Symposium 49. American Fisheries Society. Bethesda, USA. (2008).
- Charles, A., A. Bull, J. Kearney, and C. Milley. Community-based fisheries in the Canadian Maritimes, p.274-301. In: Fisheries Management: Progress towards Sustainability (T. McClanahan and J.C. Castilla, editors). Blackwell Publishing. Oxford, UK. (2007).
- Kearney, J., F. Berkes, A. Charles, E. Pinkerton, and M. Wiber. The role of participatory governance and community-based management in integrated coastal and ocean management in Canada. Coastal Management 35:79-104. (2007).
- Charles, A. Community Fishery Rights: Issues, Approaches and Atlantic Canadian Case Studies. In: Proceedings of the Thirteenth Biennial Conference of the International Institute of Fisheries Economics & Trade, July 11-14, 2006, Portsmouth, UK: Rebuilding Fisheries in an Uncertain Environment. Compiled by Ann L. Shriver. International Institute of Fisheries Economics & Trade. Corvallis, Oregon, USA. CD ROM. ISBN 0-9763432-3-1. (2006).
- Graham, J., A. Charles, and A. Bull. Community-Fisheries Management Handbook. A publication of Turning the Tide: Communities Managing Fisheries Together. Published by the Gorsebrook Research Institute, Saint Mary's University. Halifax, Canada. 135p. (2006).
- Charles, A., A. Evans, L. Grattan, and A. Gill. Canada’s coasts and oceans: Identifying the issues. Discussion Paper. Ocean Management Research Network. Ottawa, Canada. 22p. (2005).
- Ocean Management Research Network. OMRN Strategic and Action Plan (2003-2007). Ocean Management Research Network, Halifax, Canada. (2003).
- Ocean Management Research Network. A Retrospective Review: OMRN’s 2002 National Conference – Canada’s Oceans: Research, Management and the Human Dimension. Ocean Management Research Network, Halifax, Canada. [available on-line at www.omrn-rrgo.ca]. (2003).
- Charles, A. Presentation to the Standing Senate Committee on Fisheries Concerning Privatization and Quota Licensing for Canada’s Fisheries. Unpublished manuscript, Saint Mary’s University. Halifax, NS, Canada. (1998).
- Charles, A. Sustainable Development of the Oceans: A Commentary on Agenda 21. Prepared for the Forum on Oceans and the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development, Dalhousie University and the International Development Research Centre. Halifax, Canada. (1993).